School Climate - Student example
This is an example School Climate - Student survey. This survey includes questions like:
Are you male or female?
What grade are you in right now?
Is your school a junior high or middle school only, high school only, junior high and high school, or elementary through high school?
We hope this will help you create your own
School Climate - Student survey. We
have not tested the validitiy or reliability of this survey. However, you may
use this as a starting point to help your own survey instrument. Feel free to
change and edit any of our survey templates to help you get started.
1) Are you male or female?
2) What grade are you in right now?
3) Is your school a junior high or middle school only, high school only, junior high and high school, or elementary through high school?
Junior High or Middle School Only
High School Only
Junior High and High School (7-12th grade)
Elementary through High School (K-12th grade)
4) How long have you been at your current school?
More than 4 years
5) How old are you?
6) Overall, how happy are you to be at your school? Please tell us how much you agree or dissagree with the following statements:
7) Teachers at my school treat students fairly.
8) Teachers at my school treat students with respect.
9) Students at my school treat teachers with respect.
10) I feel like I fit in at my school.
11) I am comfortable expressing my opinions at my school.
12) If I have a problem at school I know who to go to for help.
13) I feel safe at my school.
14) I have good friends at my school.
15) How well do you feel teachers take care of problems at school?
16) Does your school have an anonymous hotline for students to report threats or rumors or violence?
17) Does your school have an anonymous help line for students to talk to someone if they are having problems with other students or teachers at school? The following questions ask about how safe you feel at your school.
18) How safe do you feel inside your school?
19) How safe do you feel outside at school, for instance on the playground or sports fields?
20) How safe do you feel when you are in the lunchroom at your school?
21) How safe do you feel when you are at sporting events or extracurricular activities at your school?
22) What, if anything, can be done to make you feel safe while you are at school?